Class B Driver – Valencia
Posted in Jobs on April 13, 2016
POSITION: Class B Driver
REPORTS TO: Branch Manager
PURPOSE: Provide the highest level of customer service while making material deliveries to and from branches, and to customers at job sites or their business locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Load and unload company delivery vehicles with pipe, bagged material or palleted material as required for store transfers or customer deliveries.
- Coordinate logistics of products to fill customer orders.
- Daily inspections of the delivery vehicle.
- Maintain a positive professional appearance.
- General housekeeping of branch to maintain the appearance and safe work environment in work area, isles, shelves, displays, break areas and restrooms.
- Answer telephone calls in a polite and timely manner.
INTERACTION: This position interacts with co-workers and customers
- Maintain forklift certification.
- Must be able to clearly communicate with others; good penmanship and attention to detail is also necessary.
- Previous industry experience and/or product knowledge is beneficial.
- Drivers must maintain Class B license with a clean driving record.
- Able to drive a 24ft (or larger) truck.
- Ability to drive a manual transmission truck.
- Prior delivery experience.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and company management.
- Stand, walk, talk and hear, use hands to finger, reach with hands and arms, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Occasionally required to sit, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Regularly lift, pull and push up to 50 lbs.
- Occasionally will be required to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Frequent bending, stooping and reaching.
- All applicants who are offered positions must pass a drug test and background investigation.