Customer Service Counter Person- San Diego Branch
Posted in Jobs on March 10, 2016
POSITION: Customer Service Counter Person
REPORTS TO: Branch Manager
Provide the highest level of customer service to process will-call orders, both cash and charge orders, processing customer and branch phone-in orders, providing pricing information to customers over the phone, and other duties as assigned by the Branch Manager or his designee.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Process incoming phone calls from branches and customers in a polite manner.
- Process customer orders for will-call, delivery, and any other delivery methods.
- Provide order status, product pricing and availability, as well as, delivery information to customers as made available.
- Pull and secure products to fill customer orders.
- Assists in yard and with loading and unloading of trucks.
- Put away freight for incoming vendors.
- Assists with inventory spot counts and all forms of inventory control as the branch
- Provide technical support as needed.
- Provide product information as needed.
- Maintain a high level of product knowledge in the landscape and irrigation industry.
- General housekeeping of branch to maintain the appearance and safe work environment in work area, isles, shelves, displays, break areas and restrooms.
- Maintain a positive, professional appearance and work environment.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and company management
INTERACTION: This position interacts with co-workers and customers.
- Candidates must have proven customer service skills, and presentation, both in person and over the telephone.
- Must be able to clearly communicate with others; good penmanship is also a plus.
- Attention to detail and accurate work history with numbers and computer coding.
- Ability to use manufacturer parts breakdown and price list, ten key calculator and knowledge of percentages are required.
- General math skills and maintaining supply of cash and currency.
- Previous industry experience and/or product knowledge is beneficial.
- Trend software experience is a preferred.
- Forklift certification or the ability to received forklift certification.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Stand, walk, talk and hear, use hands to finger, reach with hands and arms, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Sit, climb stairs, balance, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Lift, pull and push 50 lbs.
- Position will require frequent bending, stooping and reaching.
- Must pass a drug test and background investigation.