Pet Considerations for Synthetic Turf
Why would someone buy Pedigree (UG-PET-C) as opposed to any other synthetic turf option?
- Pedigree has no thatch, so it’s easier to clean after your pet
- It does have both thin and thick blades to look more natural (like UltimateFresh/Natural.)
Why was Zeo-Fill ‘sand’ discontinued?
- Ultimate Grass was finding that Zeo-Fill had the following negatives:
- Clumping (similar to kitty litter), and the ‘fines’ were actually inhibiting the permeability of the turf.
What’s offered to prevent pet odors on synthetic turf?
Pet Friendly Enzyme Based Artificial Grass Cleaner – Enviro-Zyme (UG-ENVIROZYME) is a live microbial digestive concentrate.
Simply put, good bacteria absorbs and neutralizes the bad bacteria from odor.
- It comes in quart bottles that hook up to a garden hose
- Each quart covers about 2,500 square feet
- It’s pet friendly; non-toxic & safe to use around pets
- Neutralizes odors
- Environmentally safe
- Certified Salmonella free
When is Enviro-Zyme used?
- Areas do not need to be pre-treated. In other words, it’s not necessary to spray newly installed turf.
- It is recommended to pre-treat if the area is going to have heavy pet usage, (ex. multiple pets or a small area for one pet)
- Enviro-Zyme is a live bacteria, so if the good bacteria doesn’t have any ‘food’ (bad bacterial from pet waste) it will die before it has an opportunity to be effective.
- If the turf is rinsed off with a garden hose, or in the event of rain, Enviro-Zyme will be rinsed away and need to be re-applied.
Who would benefit from using Enviro-Zyme?
Anyone who has pets and is either installing or maintaining synthetic turf. Even if you decide not to use upon installation, we highly recommend using is as part of your ongoing maintenance of your synthetic turf. For more information contact our customer service center or stop by one of our branches.