Rain & Moisture Sensors
These include rain sensors, temperature freeze sensors and soil moisture sensors. Most sensors are available in both wired and wireless versions. They are connected to your irrigation controller and temporarily suspend watering by the irrigation timer. Sensors help prevent costly and harmful over-watering during unnecessary weather conditions using your existing controller in most cases.
Rain, Freeze and Moisture Sensors we recommend:
Rain Bird WR2 Wireless Rain/Freeze Sensor
- Superior signal reliability
- Easier to use and program
- Save up to 35% on water usage while promoting lush, beautiful landscapes
- Installs quickly with just one person and easily installs to a gutter, wood or other areas with the universal mounting bracket
Rain Bird RSD Series Rain Sensor
- Automatically shuts off your sprinkler system when it rains, so you don’t have to worry when you’re home or away
- Easily connects to most irrigation system controllers
- Flexible, multiple rainfall settings which are quick and easy to adjust
- Smart Approved WaterMark
Rain Bird SMRT-Y Soil Moisture Sensor Kit
- Turns any controller into a smart controller
- When the sensor detects dry conditions, the next scheduled watering cycle is allowed. If the soil moisture level is above the threshold, the irrigation cycle is suspended.
- Water savings of 40% or more
Toro Precision™ Soil Sensor
- Works with most irrigation controllers
- Prevents over-watering
- Up to 500′ line-of-sight – Wireless communication
- No digging required to install
- Freeze detection, signal strength indicating LED
- Long battery life
Hunter Soil-Clik™ Soil Moisture Sensor
- Simplifies soil moisture sensing.
- Uses proven technology to measure moisture within the root zone and transmit data back to the controller
- When the probe senses that the soil has reached its desired moisture level, it will shut down irrigation, preventing water waste.
- Includes a soil moisture probe and module which attaches to all AC powered Hunter controllers and will work with most other manufactures’ AC powered controllers.
Hunter Rain-Clik & Wireless Rain-Clik
- Built in Quick Response Technology can command the irrigation system to shut-off right when it starts to rain vs other methods of waiting for rain to accumulate, wasting needless water
- The Rain-Clik can be mounted on an eave or any flat vertical surface like a wall or fence. A gutter mount is also available
- Maintenace-free design with 10-year battery life for Wireless Rain-Clik
- Compatible with most controllers
Hunter Mini-Clik Rain Sensor
- The simplest way to automatically stop irrigation during rainfall
- Easy installs on any automatic irritation system
- Debris tolerant for reliable operation and no unnecessary shutdowns
- Includes 25′ of 20 AWG sheathed, two-conductor, UL-approved wire